Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/12/16/rustic-tomato-soup/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Rustic Tomato Soup
- 2 28 oz cans whole peeled tomatoes chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 3 carrots diced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 4-5 cloves garlic diced
- 10 leaves fresh basil
- 1.4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 T olive oil
- salt to taste
- Throw everything in a pot and cook on low covered for at least 2 hours. I like to cook mine longer. The longer it cooks, the more the flavors develop.
- Uncover and add a bit of flour to thicken. I use brown rice flour.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later. Hope you like it as much as we did.