Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/12/18/bran-muffins/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Yummy Bran Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups of wheat bran
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup non dairy milk (I used homemade almond. For that recipe, click here)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup + 1 T applesauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl, add milk to the 1 1/2 cups bran and let it soften for about 8-10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, add maple syrup, vanilla, and applesauce.
- After the bran is softened, add it to the maple syrup mixture.
- Lastly, add in the flour and mix only until combined.
- Spoon into muffin cups and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
I got 12 muffins out of this recipe. Hope you like them!