Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/12/21/banana-chocolate-chip-donuts/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Banana Chocolate Chip Donuts!
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour (for a gluten free version, sub GF all purpose or GF oat flour )
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar ( maple syrup will work too, but you may need to slightly decrease the liquid somewhere else in the recipe)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup applesauce unsweetened
- 1 banana smashed
- 2 T almond milk
- 1 tsp ground vanilla bean or extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips or raisins (I used carob chips)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix wet into another.
- Add dry to wet.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon batter onto greased donut pans and bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
by Melissa King