Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/12/27/black-bean-veggie-burgers/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 4 cups black beans (we use dried, but if you canned, it would be about 2 cans)
- 1 sweet onion diced (we used a food processor)
- 2 T walnut oil
- 1 flax egg
- 1 1/4 cup frozen organic corn
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup flour (I used brown rice flour )
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Dice or food process the onion.
- Saute the onions in the walnut oil on medium heat until they are caramelized.
- In a food processor , mix the beans, flax egg and milk until the beans are mostly smooth.
- Put the bean mixture, the onions and the remaining ingredients in a bowl to combine.
- To finish, lightly oil a baking pan, grab a quarter cup of the mixture at a time, flatten in a nice round patty, and place on pan.
- Continue until the mixture is gone.
- Bake in oven for about 45 – 60 minutes turning over once about half way through.
When serving, they go really well with some avocado. Enjoy!