Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/12/31/spinach-and-wild-rice-salad/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Spinach and Wild Rice Salad
- 3 cups spinach
- 2 cups edamame de shelled
- 2 cups wild rice cooked
- 1 cup carrot julienned (about 2-3 carrots total)
- 1 cup halved baby tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mushroom finely chopped (about 13 button mushrooms)
- 1/2 T garlic powder
- 1/4 cup purple onion sliced very thin
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Like I said above, you can cut the carrots, onion and mushroom ahead of time.
- Steam the edamame for a minute or two.
- Then throw all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss with the balsamic.
If you wish, you can add an optional 1-2 T of olive oil. We did not and it still tasted great. This make a very large amount so you should be able to get a few meals out of it. Enjoy!