Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/01/04/date-filled-thumbprint-cookies/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Date Filled Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 T coconut oil
- 2 T almond milk
- 5-6 pitted medjool dates
- 1-2 T water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a blender, combine the almonds and the oats into a fine powder.
- Place that mixture in a bowl with the flour.
- Add all the wet ingredients minus the water in a bowl.
- Add wet to dry.
- In a food processor or magic bullet, mix the dates and a bit of water until they form into a paste and set aside.
- Roll the cookie batter into little balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Once all the balls are rolled, press them flat with your palm.
- Once all the cookies are flat, take your thumb and put a print in each cookie.
- Spoon a bit of the date paste into each thumbprint and bake in the oven for 11-13 minutes.