Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/01/11/gluten-free-coconut-cookies/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Gluten Free Coconut Cookies
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup Wholesome Sweeteners coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground vanilla bean
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 T almond milk
- Optional: 1/3 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Blend the oats and almonds together until they are the consistency of flour. Works great in a Vitamix. Pour the mixture in a bowl.
- Blend 1 cup shaved coconut into a fine consistency. What remains should equal about 1/2 cup.
- Add the coconut, the coconut sugar and the brown rice flour to the almond/oat mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine all the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet to dry.
- With wet hands, form dough into balls and place on lined baking sheet about 1 inch apart. The dough will be sticky.
- Once all the dough is rolled into balls, you can add the chocolate chips to the tops of each ball.
- Bake in the oven for about 12-14 minutes.
- I got about 16 cookies. Not too many are left though. May be doing a second batch tomorrow!
So now that I have caught the gluten free bug, what other gluten free cookies would you like to see? I am feeling inspired by this success!