Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/01/13/mushroom-and-lentil-veggie-burger/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Mushroom and Lentil Veggie Burger
- 1 1/4 cup green lentils
- 4 cups of water
- 2 T walnut oil
- 1 cup food processed mushrooms (about i pkg mushrooms)
- 1 cup bread crumbs (we used homemade bread crumbs made from Ezekiel bread)
- 1/2 red onion, chopped fine
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sage
- salt to taste
- In a pot, boil the lentils in water until soft.
- Drain any left over water or let it boil off once soft.
- In a pan add the lentils, oil and onion and let cook for about five minutes covered on medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, garlic powder, sage, and salt.
- Mix the ingredients and cover for about another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and put in a bowl and let it cool off.
- Once cool, add bread crumbs and flax egg and stir.
- Once mixed, use a quarter cup measuring cup to spoon little burgers onto an oiled baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
You can serve these immediately or refrigerate or even freeze for later. We got about 8 burgers. I was super stoked to discover that Food for Life makes sprouted wheat hamburger buns. That is what I used in the picture.