Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/01/15/crock-pot-applesauce/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Crock Pot Applesauce
This crockpot applesauce is a perfect blend of apples and spices slow cooked in the crock pot to create an applesauce that will take you back to your childhood.
- 10 apples peeled, cored and cubed
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 heaping tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 ground vanilla bean (pure vanilla extract would work too)
- 1/2 cup water
- Throw everything in the crock pot.
- Cook on high for the first hour, stirring occasionally.
- Then turn to low and cook for another 6 hours or so.
The longer the better. I like my applesauce chunky, but if you like it smooth you can blend it at the end. That’s it. Your house will smell better than any Yankee Candle ever would!
What are some of your favorite things to make in the crock pot?