Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/01/18/high-protein-breakfast-cookies/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
High Protein Breakfast Cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup Nutiva hemp seeds
- 1 flax egg (I used a flax egg, but a real egg would work too.)
- 5 medjool dates pitted and chopped
- 3 T coconut oil
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean or extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 T almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients, except the dates, in one bowl.
- Mix all wet in another.
- Add wet to dry.
- Fold in dates.
- Spoon batter onto a lined baking sheet
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
by Melissa King
For a gluten free option, use gluten free oat flour and add an extra egg,