Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/02/01/curried-kidney-beans-and-corn/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Curried Kidney Beans and Corn
- 3 cups kidney beans
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups corn (I used frozen non GMO)
- 1/2 T tumeric
- 1/2 T curry powder
- sea salt to taste
- In a food processor, mix the onions and garlic.
- Once chopped well, transfer to a large pan with oil and cook the them down a bit. About 5-7 minutes.
- Once onions and garlic are cooked a bit, add in the beans, corn, spices, salt and about 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn down, cover and simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until all the water has been boiled off.
You can eat this alone, add it to rice or even top it with some tofu or meat if you are an omnivore. Super easy and healthy.