Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/02/01/homemade-almond-clif-bars/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Homemade Clif Bars
- 15-17 medjool dates (pits removed)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grind up the oats and almonds in the food processor .
- When they have a crumbly consistency, add the dates and coconut.
- Lastly add the water slowly as you pulse the ingredients together until a batter forms. It will be thick and sticky.
- Line an 8X8 pan with parchment paper leaving enough paper sticking out on each side so you will be able to lift the whole thing out when done.
- Working carefully, spread batter evenly out to all the sides.
- Press mixture down with a spatula to get it firm.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before removing intact.
- Cut bars with a pizza cutter .