Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/02/07/homemade-kind-bars/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Homemade KIND Bars
- 2 cups mixed nuts chopped (I bought mine out of the bulk bin)
- 2 cups brown rice cereal (I used Nature's Path)
- 12 medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 3/4 cup water
For the chocolate coating
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life Chips )
- 1/3 cup milk (I used hemp milk)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl , mix the nuts and cereal.
- In the food processor , pulse the dates and water until a thin paste forms.
- Add in the peanut butter. If you store your peanut butter in the fridge, pull it out a few hours ahead of time so it will be soft.
- Once all those are combined well, add it to the nuts and cereal.
- Mix well until everything is combined.
- I used an 8×8 baking dish, but I would suggest using a slightly bigger one because my bars came out a bit on the thick side.
- Line your pan with parchment paper leaving enough room for some paper to come out the sides so it’s easy to pull the bars out after baking.
- Press batter into the pan so it is coated evenly and then press down hard with the spatula. The batter will be very sticky.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes.
- Let the bars cool before pulling them out of the pan.
- Once cooled and out, slice into bars, spread out and bake for another 18 minutes. I cut my bars easily with a pizza cutter .
For the chocolate coating:
- Using a double boiler, melt the chips and milk together.
- Once a smooth and runny consistency is reached, drizzle over the bars and place in the fridge to set.
- I had some chocolate left over, so if you want, you can dip the bottom of each bar in to coat as well. That way, they will be a bit more like the real bars. Hope you enjoy these.