Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/02/10/minestrone-soup/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes or 3.5 cups homemade diced tomatoes
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 4 carrots chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1.5 cups green beans chopped
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 1 1/2 T fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 tsp oregano (I used dried)
- 2 cups pasta (I used quinoa pasta )
- In a food processor , chop the carrots, onion and celery fine.
- Throw that mixture and all the other ingredients except the pasta in the crock pot .
- Cook on high for the first hour, then turn to low and cook for a few more hours.
- Add the pasta in for the last 20 minutes of cooking and test a piece before you turn the crock pot off.
We got about 6 good size servings out of this recipe.