Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/02/23/pumpkin-spiced-waffles/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Pumpkin Spiced Waffles
- 2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 can pumpkin or 2 cups fresh cooked
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 T coconut sugar
- 1 T coconut oil (melted)
- 1 flax egg
- Turn on the waffle iron and let it heat up.
- In one bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl mix wet.
- Add wet to dry being careful not to over-mix.
- Scoop out about 1/2 cup size batter and spread onto a greased waffle iron. I greased my waffle iron with walnut oil, but coconut oil will work well too.
I got about 5-6 big waffles out of this recipe. You can freeze the extras if you have any. Just place a sheet of parchment paper in between each one. Easy peasy.