Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/03/05/almond-joy-energy-bites/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Almond Joy Energy Bites
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 10-12 medjool dates
- 1/4-1/2 tsp almond extract (I used 1/4 only because my husband doesn't like a strong almond flavor)
- 1 T coconut oil melted
- 2 T water
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips I used carob chips
- In a food processor, mix the almonds and coconut until they are fine.
- Then add the dates, coconut oil and water and continue to pulse until you see a dough start to form.
- Roll into balls and place in the fridge to firm up.
I got about 12 balls out of my batch.