Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/03/27/peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-larabars/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabars
- 2 cups peanuts (I used raw unsalted peanuts )
- 10-12 medjool dates (If you use another kind of date, you may need to add a couple more. The medjool dates are larger.)
- 2-3 T water
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used carob chips. Gluten free use Enjoy Life chips)
- pinch sea salt
- In the food processor , blend the peanuts and salt into a powder.
- Pit the dates and add them in as well.
- If needed, slowly add a bit of water to help the mixture come together.
- Once the dough is formed, line and 8×8 glass baking dish with parchment paper leaving enough room for some paper to stick out the sides.
- Carefully, spoon the dough into the pan evenly. The dough will be very sticky and you may need to wet the spatula a bit.
- Using the extra paper, pack the dough down until it is flat and even.
- Place in the fridge to firm up.
I store them in the fridge. They should keep at least a week if you can get them to last that long!