Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/04/05/black-beans-and-rice/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Black Beans and Rice
- 3 cups black beans (We used dried that we soaked overnight and boiled in the morning until they got soft.)
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup corn (We used frozen organic corn)
- 1 small jalapeno seeds removed and diced
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- 4 T oil (We used avocado oil)
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 cup wild or brown rice + 2 cups water
- In a small pot, add the rice and 2 cups water.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down, cover and simmer until all the water has been absorbed. About 20-30 minutes.
- In a large pan, combine the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil, turn down and simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed. About 20-30 minutes.
- You can add the rice into the pan, or keep them separate like we do. That’s it. Enjoy!