Healthy Homemade Ketchup Recipe. Lately, I have been doing a lot of condiments, so you probably had seen this homemade ketchup recipe coming.
First we did the BBQ Sauce, then we did the Dairy Free Ranch and now homemade ketchup. Everyone likes ketchup, but most people don’t make their own. The funny thing is, it is super simple to make a ketchup.
If you have toddlers like me, you know that kids just eat gobs of ketchup if they are not monitored. If my daughters had their way, they would eat it by itself.
This ketchup was so easy to make and contains just a small amount of sweetener. Most commercial brands contain high fructose corn syrup.
The few store bought ketchup brands that I have tried without high fructose corn syrup left a lot to be desired.
This recipe makes about 1 cup and should keep in the fridge a few weeks. I store mine in a glass jar. You can also freeze it for longer storage!
To keep it vegan, just use maple syrup instead of honey. Works great!
Healthy Homemade Ketchup
- 1 6 oz BPA free can or 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 T raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- salt to taste
- In a large sauce pan, heat all the ingredients together on med until everything is well combined. Take a test taste.
- If you like a sweeter ketchup, add a tad more honey. That’s it.
70 thoughts to “Healthy Homemade Ketchup Recipe”