Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/04/18/roasted-pesto-portobellos/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Roasted Pesto Portobellos
- 1 cup almonds
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 T parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 portobello mushrooms stems removed
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a food processor grind up all the ingredients except the mushrooms and tomatoes until a pesto forms.
- If the mixture seems a bit dry, you can add a bit more oil or even a little water.
- Grease a baking sheet and lay the mushrooms on it.
- Fill each cup with pesto and top with the cherry tomatoes.
- Put in the oven for about 20 minutes.
We were actually going to make 4 mushrooms, but my husband butchered one in the process of removing the stems. That is why in the picture, the caps are filled to the brim with pesto. They were still delicious, and I wish we had leftovers, but they were all gone quickly. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!