Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/04/22/fried-rice-with-cashews/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Fried Rice with Cashews
- 2 1/2 cups cooked rice (we used wild rice)
- 1/2 yellow onion rough chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup edamame (cooked)
- 2 tsp umeboshi plum vinegar
- 3 T soy sauce, tamari or bragg's aminos (tamari is gluten free)
- 1 T mirin
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup cashews chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- In a pan, saute all the ingredients except the rice and cashews, for about 7 minutes on medium high heat.
- Add the rice and cashews and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently. That’s it. Enjoy!
by Melissa King
If you use raw cashews, you may want to toast them for a few minutes to bring out more flavor.