Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/05/02/save-money-by-making-your-own-hummus/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
- 2 cups cooked or 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 tsp cumin (I used two)
- 3 cloves garlic or 2 tsp garlic powder (I use real garlic)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 T olive oil
- Process the chickpeas in the food processor or blender to get them started.
- Then add all the remaining ingredients until everything is smooth and well mixed.
If it is too thick, just add a bit of water until you get the consistency you desire. That is it. Sometimes I drizzle a bit of oil over the top. Enjoy!