Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/05/06/wild-rice-spinach-and-avocado-salad-with-sesame-dressing/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Wild Rice, Spinach and Avocado Salad with Sesame Dressing
- 4-5 big bunches of baby spinach chopped (you can do kale as well)
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice (cooked)
- 3 avocados sliced
- 2 cups or 1 can white beans (soak overnight and then cook until soft)
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced or 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 6 T toasted sesame oil
- 3 T rice vinegar
- 3 T soy sauce or bragg's aminos
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Cook the rice and let cool. I actually did this the day before. Same with the beans if using dried beans.
- In a large bowl, add rice, beans, avocado, garlic and spinach and mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour dressing in the large bowl and mix well until everything is combined.
by Melissa King
I found the best way to do this was with my hands. This dish is best eaten fresh, but will still be delicious the next day. I makes about 5-6 servings. Enjoy!
Adapted from Zizi's Adventures