Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/05/09/clean-eating-peanut-butter-cups/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Clean Eating Peanut Butter Cups
It's a healthier version of a Reece's Cup.
- 1 bag chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life gluten free and soy free chips)
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- Roughly 3/4 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- Get out a couple of muffin tins and line them with paper or silicone cups. . I used standard sized muffin pans, but the mini cups would work well too.
- Using a double boiler, melt the chips and milk in a glass bowl, stirring constantly to get the lumps out. It makes a great arm workout.
- Once the chocolate and milk have combined and are smooth, pour a little bit of chocolate in the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Place them in the freezer for about 20 minutes to set.
- When they are hard, pull them out and put a dollop on nut butter on top of each one.
- Fill the remaining cup with chocolate.
- Repeat until all the cups are filled.
- Place back in the freezer.
I would give them a few hours to set. Actually, I store mine in the freezer as well. I think they would get too soft in the fridge. That’s it!