Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/05/12/quinoa-salad-with-roasted-beets/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Quinoa Salad with Roasted Beets
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 beets peeled (greens removed) and cubed
- 2 T avocado or coconut oil
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of half a large orange or 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp soy sauce or tamari (I used organic soy)
- 1-2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 T raw honey or maple syrup
- 3-4 handfuls of baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place the beets on a lined baking sheet and drizzle with the 2 T coconut or avocado oil.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Roast in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- While the beets are roasting, you can cook the quinoa according to the package instructions. I actually cooked the quinoa the day before. If you buy your quinoa in bulk, cook it 2 parts water per 1 part quinoa.
- Once the beets are done roasting, let them cool.
- Once cooled, combine the beets and quinoa in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine: olive oil, orange juice, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, garlic and honey.
- Whisk into a dressing.
- Pour over the beets and quinoa.
- Fold in the spinach.
- Now salt to taste and that’s it.
We got about 4 servings. Enjoy!