Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/05/14/copycat-marys-gone-crackers/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Homemade Mary’s Gone Crackers!
- 1 cup cooked cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- salt to taste
- optional herbs: thyme, oregano, sage, basil or parsley
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor , combine the quinoa and rice into a mushy consistency.
- Add in all the seeds and salt with a bit of water and pulse until you have a mushy ball.
- Get out a sheet of parchment paper about the size of a baking sheet and lay it on the counter.
- Take half of the mixture and place it on the parchment.
- Using a rolling pin and some plastic wrap, roll out the mixture, putting the plastic wrap between the rolling pin and the mixture. That way, you can roll it out without it getting stuck.
- Roll as thin as possible and then transfer the parchment and rolled mixture onto a baking sheet.
- Repeat the same steps with the second half.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Pull them out and carefully flip them and bake for another 12 minutes.
- When they are done, carefully break them into bite sized pieces and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the pieces are crispy.
I got about 25 – 30 crackers out of my batch. They should keep for a week or so. Enjoy!