Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/05/23/maple-pecan-cookies/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Maple Pecan Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup ground pecans + more for garnishing the tops
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 flax egg
- 2 tsp ground vanilla beans or extract would work too
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 T almond milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor, grind up the 1/2 cup pecans (measure before grinding.)
- Add the pecans to a bowl with the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Add all the wet ingredients into another bowl.
- Add dry to wet and mix only until combined. The dough will be a bit thick and sticky.
- Roll into balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Press the cookies down flat with the palm of your hand.
- Press a pecan into the middle of each cookie.
- Bake in the oven for about 13 minutes.
They should last at least a week, but you can refrigerate or even freeze to make them last longer. Enjoy!