Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/05/26/grain-free-blueberry-tart/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Grain Free Blueberry Tart
A no fuss dessert that looks fancy, but is really easy to make!
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 2 1/2 cups almonds
- 15 medjool dates
- 2 T coconut oil
- 3 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground vanilla bean
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In the food processor, grind the almonds.
- Once they are ground to a course consistency, add in the dates, coconut oil and a small amount of water.
- Pulse until a dough forms.
- Press the mixture into a greased tart pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- While it is baking, drain the soaked cashews and throw them in the blender with the maple syrup and vanilla. You can probably use a food processor for this as well.
- Blend up the cashews until they are a smooth cream. You may need to add a small amount of water or milk to get it smooth. You will want a cream-like consistency.
- Spread the cashew cream over the tart crust and top with blueberries.
I would imagine this would keep in the fridge for a week at least. If you can get it to last that long! Enjoy!