Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/05/27/crock-pot-baked-beans/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Crock Pot Baked Beans
- 3 cups dried pinto beans (soaked overnight)
- 1/2 large sweet onion diced
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 1/4 cup Wholesome Sweeteners coconut sugar
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 T blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 apple cored, peeled and diced
- Soak the beans overnight.
- In the morning, add all the ingredients to the crock pot.
- Cook on high for the first hour and turn down to low for an additional 3 hours.
You can cook it longer if you like. The longer it cooks, the more the flavors develop. This made at least 4-5 servings. You can eat it right away, store it for later, or even freeze it. Enjoy!