Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/05/29/almond-butter-protein-bars/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Almond Butter Protein Bars
- 1 cup GF rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 8 medjool dates pitted
- 2 T chia seeds
- 2 T flax meal
- 1/4 cup water
- In the food processor or Vitamix, grind the oats into a course consistency.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until a sticky dough is formed.
- From here, you can roll them into balls or make them into bars like I did. I used an 8 x 8 pan, but I think a slightly smaller pan would work better. If you use a pan, line it with parchment leaving enough room to come out the sides. That way they will be easy to pull out and cut.
- I used a pizza cutter to cut mine.
- Let them chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes to an hour. That’s it. I cut mine into squares and got about 10 in my batch. Enjoy!
by Melissa King