Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/05/30/almond-joy-cookies/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Almond Joy Cookies
The taste of the candy bar with none of the guilt.
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Nutiva coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground vanilla bean or vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg (I used a flax egg replacer)
- 1/2 dark chocolate bar roughly chopped (cacao nibs would work well too)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl. (I actually ground up some rolled oats to make my oat flour.)
- In a saucepan on med heat, combine the almond butter, coconut oil and maple syrup and stir until smooth.
- Let mixture cool.
- Once it’s cooled add it to the dry ingredients and also add the vanilla, egg and almond extract.
- Once everything is well combined, fold in the dark chocolate.
- Drop cookies onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes and serve.
Store them in a jar if they will be eaten quickly. For longer storage, keep them in the fridge or even freeze them . Enjoy!