Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/06/04/wheat-berry-salad-with-cranberries/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Wheat Berry Salad with Cranberries
- 2 cups wheat berries
- 7 cups water
- 1 cup long grain black rice
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 T fresh thyme
- 2 T fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Juice from 1 large orange or 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2-3 T oil (I used avocado oil)
- salt to taste
- Put the 2 cups of wheat berries and 7 cups of water in a large pot on the stove.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down, cover and simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Cook the rice according to the package instructions. You can even do both of these steps a day ahead if you like. I did that myself.
- Once the rice and wheat berries are cooled, add in the thyme, parsley, cranberries and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients together to make a dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the dry ingredients and mix well.
This makes at least 4-5 good sized portions. Enjoy!