Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/06/05/gluten-free-snickerdoodles-and-a-giveaway/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Gluten Free Snickerdoodles
The classic cookie made gluten free!
For the cookies
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1/3 cup Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground vanilla bean or extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup applesauce unsweetened
- 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
For the sugar coating
- 3 T Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl , combine all the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl , combine all the wet ingredients.
- Add dry to wet and mix until combined.
- Roll dough into balls and coat them in the sugar/cinnamon mix.
- Place onto a lined baking sheet .
- Once all the balls are rolled and coated, use your palm to flatten them out.
- Bake in the oven for 13-17 minutes, depending on your oven. Enjoy!
To get the oat flour, I just used my Vitamix to grind up rolled oats into a flour. If you do that, make sure the rolled oats you buy are gluten free. Some are produced in factories that also produce wheat.