Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/06/08/strawberry-rhubarb-sorbet/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Strawberry Rhubarb Sorbet
- 2-3 large stalks of rhubarb
- 1 16oz package of strawberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Juice of 1/2 an orange
- 1 cup water
- In a sauce pan , add the rhubarb, orange juice, water and maple syrup.
- Bring to a boil. Then turn down and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the rhubarb has turned to a mush. Mine took about 10 minutes.
- Once it is mushy, turn it off the heat and let it get back to room temp.
- Once at room temp, place the mixture in a container in the fridge for a few hours.
- Once cooled in the fridge, pour the mixture into a blender with the strawberries. Blend until smooth.
- Take a taste test. Mine came out a bit tart. I liked that, but if you prefer a more sweetened sorbet, you can add a few tablespoons of maple syrup or honey and blend for another 30 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream machine. Mine took about 15 minutes to get to a soft serve consistency. If you like a harder sorbet, you can put it in the freezer for an hour before eating.