Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/06/11/carrot-ginger-detox-salad/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Carrot Ginger Detox Salad
For the salad
- 1-2 heads of broccoli
- 3 carrots shredded
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
For the dressing
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1 T soy sauce or Bragg's Aminos (for GF) (I used organic SanJ shoyu )
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- salt to taste
- Steam the broccoli. I used a rice cooker/steamer to do this.
- In a sauce pan , cook the quinoa according to the package instructions. I already had some quinoa in my fridge. We always have some kind of grain in the fridge to make our meals stretch longer.
- While the broccoli is steaming and the quinoa is cooking, throw all the ingredients together for the dressing.
- Whisk them in a small bowl .
- Once the quinoa and broccoli are done throw everything together in one big bowl .
This should last at least a week in the fridge. I think it tastes great hot or cold. I got about 4-5 servings out of my batch. Enjoy!