Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/06/19/coconut-truffles/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Chocolate and coconut make the perfect combination for these delicious truffles!
- 15 medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 dark chocolate bar (I used Endangered Species 3 oz and 70% cacao.)
- 2 T almond milk
- In a food processor , combine the dates and shredded coconut.
- Then, add in the coconut butter and coconut oil.
- Pulse until a dough starts to form.
- When the dough is formed, roll into bite sized balls and place in the fridge on a lined baking sheet . Parchment paper works great for this so the balls don’t stick.
- Once the balls are firm, heat your chocolate and milk using a double boiler.
- Stir constantly until the chocolate is smooth.
- Take each ball and roll into the chocolate and place back on the parchment lined sheet.
- Put in the fridge for a few hours so the chocolate can set back up.
I should add, when you go to eat one out of the fridge, it will seem hard to bite into at first. As soon as you chew it though, the coconut melts in your mouth. Enjoy!