Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/06/20/kale-and-wheat-berry-salad-with-tempeh/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Kale and Wheat Berry Salad with Tempeh
- 2 carrots shredded
- large bunch kale (stems removed. Save them for juicing)
- 1 pkg tempeh or any other protein sliced in 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups cooked wheat berries or quinoa
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup apple cinder vinegar
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1 T soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 -2 tsp fresh ginger minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the wheat berries according to the package instructions. I cooked mine the day before I made this salad.
- Using a food processor , chop the carrots and kale. You may have to do each one separately.
- In a sauce pan , combine the sesame oil and tempeh and saute for a few minutes on medium heat.
- Once the tempeh has started to cook, add in the carrots and kale and cook for a couple more minutes. You also may have to add a tiny bit more oil.
- While all of that is cooking, combine the apple cider vinegar, mirin, soy sauce, garlic, salt and ginger.
- Lastly, add the cooked wheat berries and the dressing and cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately or refrigerate for later. Enjoy!