Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/06/22/pecan-pie-filled-muffins/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Pecan Pie Filled Muffins
For the filling
- I used my pecan pie larabar recipe
For the muffins
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg (I used a flax egg replacement)
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla beans or extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl .
- Mix wet into another.
- Add wet to dry.
- Mix only until combined.
- Spoon a small amount of batter into lined
- muffin pans. I used standard sized muffin pans .
- Take some of the pecan mixture and roll it into a ball.
- Place it on top of the muffin batter.
- Cover the top with more batter.
- Repeat these steps until all are done.
- Bake in the oven for about 13 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
by Melissa King
I got 12 standard sized muffins and 1 jumbo muffin out of my batch. These should last 2 weeks in the fridge, but you can freeze them for longer storage.