Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/06/28/super-easy-tacos/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Super Easy Tacos
- 2 cups black beans
- 2 cups corn (please use organic and non GMO corn if possible)
- 1-2 cups cooked wild rice or quinoa
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 3 T oil (I used Avocado Oil )
- 1/2 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 1 pickled jalapino chopped (per taco)
- Cook the rice or quinoa according to the package instructions.
- I actually always have some kind of a grain cooked in the fridge that I can add to meals to stretch them out.
- In a large sauce pan , saute the onions, beans and spices in your oil of choice.
- When onions begin to soften, add corn, rice and lime juice and cook an additional 7 minutes or so on medium heat. That’s it.
Now you can create the taco with whatever fixings you like. We use Food for Life sprouted corn tortillas, add in the cooked mixture, tomatoes, avocados, cilantro and cheese of your choice. We use our dairy free cheese sauce and it tastes awesome with this recipe. Enjoy!