Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/07/18/healthier-corn-fritters/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Healthier Corn Fritters
- 2 cups corn (please try to use organic if possible)
- 1 T nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup organic cornmeal
- 1 cup white whole wheat
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chives chopped
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 2 T red onion chopped
- 2-3 T oil (I used walnut oil)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Throw all the ingredients in a bowl , and mix until the batter comes together. I did this by hand.
- Form into small patties. I used a 1/4 cup measurement for this.
- Lightly oil a large saucepan on medium to medium high heat.
- Lay the patties into the pan and sear for 1-2 minutes on each side. Just enough to give it a nice crispy outside. You may need to add a bit more oil if the pan looks dry.
- Repeat these steps until all the patties are seared.
- Lay the patties on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stopping in the middle to flip them over. Enjoy!
I got 10-12 patties out of this batch.