Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/08/22/gluten-free-herb-crackers-and-a-giveaway/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Gluten Free Herb Crackers and a Giveaway!
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 /4 cup chia seeds
- 6 basil leaves chopped
- 2 T fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp fresh chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- About 4 T water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor , blend up the rice and the chia seeds.
- Then add in the remaining ingredients and pulse until a dough starts to come together.
- Tear two pieces of parchment paper the size of your baking sheets .
- Place 1 piece of parchment on the counter top.
- Put half the dough onto the parchment.
- Tear some plastic wrap to put between the rolling pin and the dough. This will prevent the dough from sticking to the rolling pin .
- Roll the dough out pretty thin.
- Transfer the dough and the parchment paper to a baking sheet.
- Repeat these steps with the other half of the dough.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pans and carefully cut the dough into squares with a pizza cutter .
- Carefully flip each square over and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until crispy.
You can probably do the whole thing in the dehydrator as well if you want to keep them raw. I got around 30 crackers in my batch. Store them in a container with dry rice scattered at the bottom. The rice will absorb the moisture and keep the crackers crispy. Enjoy!