When I made my Homemade Wheat Thins the other day, a lot of you wanted a gluten free cracker as well. This recipe is more for adults than kids, but it’s so good! But first, let me tell you about the giveaway.
If you need help on your knife skills like I do, this giveaway is for you! I used this mezzaluna from Joseph Joseph to cut the herbs in this recipe. Let me tell you it worked so well! Makes me wonder why it took me so long to get one! Joesph Joseph is also going to give a mezzaluna to one lucky winner.
All you need to do is:
Like My Whole Food Life on Facebook
Like Joseph Joesph on Facebook
Leave a comment under this blog post Contest is open to US residents only. Winner will be chosen on Tuesday, August 27, 2013. Good luck! Now onto the recipe.
This giveaway is now closed.
Gluten Free Herb Crackers
Gluten Free Herb Crackers and a Giveaway!
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 /4 cup chia seeds
- 6 basil leaves chopped
- 2 T fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp fresh chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- About 4 T water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor , blend up the rice and the chia seeds.
- Then add in the remaining ingredients and pulse until a dough starts to come together.
- Tear two pieces of parchment paper the size of your baking sheets .
- Place 1 piece of parchment on the counter top.
- Put half the dough onto the parchment.
- Tear some plastic wrap to put between the rolling pin and the dough. This will prevent the dough from sticking to the rolling pin .
- Roll the dough out pretty thin.
- Transfer the dough and the parchment paper to a baking sheet.
- Repeat these steps with the other half of the dough.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pans and carefully cut the dough into squares with a pizza cutter .
- Carefully flip each square over and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until crispy.
You can probably do the whole thing in the dehydrator as well if you want to keep them raw. I got around 30 crackers in my batch. Store them in a container with dry rice scattered at the bottom. The rice will absorb the moisture and keep the crackers crispy. Enjoy!
153 thoughts to “Gluten Free Herb Crackers and a Giveaway!”