Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/08/25/apple-pie-fruit-leathers/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Apple Pie Fruit Leathers
- 4 cups unsweetened applesauce (I used Eden Foods )
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 2 T maple syrup (Optional) I did not use it
- If using an oven, preheat to the lowest setting or 135.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Line your baking sheets with parchment and spread the mixture out evenly.
- Bake for about 4-6 hours, depending on how low the temp your oven will go.
- If you are using a dehydrator , line the trays with parchment as well. You can use the dehydrator sheets as well, but I think parchment is much cheaper and works great.
- I baked mine in the dehydrator at 135 for about 6-7 hours.
- Once it feels tacky, it’s pretty much done. I got about 20 fruit leathers out of my batch. Enjoy!
by Melissa King