Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/08/29/nut-free-snack-bars/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Nut Free Snack Bars
- 2 cups brown rice puffed cereal
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 6 medjool dates pitted
- 1 cup dried apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground vanilla bean or extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the cereal, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, vanilla bean and sea salt in one bowl .
- In the food processor , mix the apples, dates and water until a syrup forms. It will be slightly thick.
- Get a sheet or parchment paper a little larger than the size of your pan, so you have some hanging out the sides. I used an odd sized pan. I think it was a 5X13? A standard 8X8 pan will work just fine.
- Once the syrup forms, add that to the dry mixture and mix well.
- Once everything is mixed, transfer the mixture to your baking pan.
- Make sure the parchment is lining the pan first.
- Once everything is in the pan, press the mixture down firmly.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- When it cools, remove the bars from the pan by grabbing the parchment paper sides.
- Cut into bars or squares with a pizza cutter .
I got about 10 bars out of my batch. These should last a week or two. You can even freeze them for longer storage.