Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/09/06/chocolate-peppermint-bites/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Peppermint Bites
The perfect treat for holiday parties!
For the balls
- 2 cups shredded coconut (I used unsweetened coconut)
- 9 medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 T milk (I used almond milk )
For the chocolate coating
- 1 3.5oz chocolate bar (I used Endangered Species Dark Chocolate )
- 2 T cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 T almond milk
- 2-3 T maple syrup
- In the food processor , mix the shredded coconut and the dates.
- Once they are blended, add in the peppermint extract and milk.
- Carefully roll the mixture into balls. It will be loose and feel like it doesn’t want to stick together, but trust me, it will firm up in the fridge.
- Set the balls into a small baking sheet covered with parchment paper .
- Put the balls in the fridge to chill. I waited about 30 minutes.
- While the balls are chilling, make the chocolate mixture.
- Heat all the chocolate ingredients in a saucepan , and stir until smooth.
- Using two forks, roll each ball in the chocolate mixture and set back on the baking sheet .
- Once done with all the balls, place them back in the fridge to set up.
I got about 12 large balls out of my batch. You can store them in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!