Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/09/08/farro-with-spinach-and-mushrooms/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Farro with Spinach and Mushrooms
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups farro
- 1 8oz package of mushrooms sliced thin
- 1/2 yellow onion (or 1 cup chopped)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 T white wine vinegar
- 1-2 handfuls of spinach
- 2 T oil (I used walnut oil)
- In a saucepan , add the farro and vegetable broth and cook on medium heat until all the broth is absorbed. In another saucepan , saute oil, garlic, onion and white wine vinegar medium high heat and cook for about 6-8 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and stir for another 5 minutes or so.
- Once the farro is done, add it to the sauce pan with the mushroom onion mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and lastly add in the spinach and cook until slightly wilted.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately or refrigerate for later. Enjoy!