Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/09/12/apple-spiced-refrigerator-jam/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Apple Spiced Refrigerator Jam
- 2 apples peeled and cored (I saved the peels because my daughter likes to snack on them. Any apples will do. I used gala.)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 2 T maple syrup (This is optional. Taste the mixture and if it's not sweet enough, add the syrup.)
- 2-3 T chia seeds
- In the food processor , blend up the apples.
- Then add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Put the jam in a covered container and set it in the fridge to set up. Takes about 30 minutes to an hour.
This made 8 oz of jam. I store mine in mason jars , but you can use any container. It should last a few weeks in the fridge and you can also freeze it for longer storage. Enjoy!