Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/09/17/maca-energy-bars/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Maca Energy Bars
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 2 T chia seeds
- 2 T maca powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- In a food processor , grind the almonds into a course consistency.
- Add them to a bowl with the sunflower seeds, maca powder, flax meal, pepitas, chia seeds and salt.
- In a saucepan, combine the maple syrup, almond butter and coconut oil.
- Mix until all are well combined.
- Add it to the bowl with the dried ingredients.
- Tear a sheet of parchment slightly bigger than an 8X8 pan .
- Line an 8X8 pan with the paper.
- Spread in the mixture and pack down tight .
- Place in the fridge to set. About 1 hour.
I got 8 bars out of my batch. Store them in the fridge or even freeze them for longer storage. Enjoy!