Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/09/21/carrot-ginger-soup/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Carrot Ginger Soup
- 6-8 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (I used the canned full fat milk)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger minced
- salt to taste
- Throw everything in a crock pot and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 7-8 hours. You can cook it in less time, but I believe the longer a soup cooks, the better it gets.
- Once the soup is cooked, you can use an immersion blender to puree it.
- You can also transfer the mixture to a blender and puree it that way. Either way works.
We got about 4 servings out of our batch. Enjoy!