Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/09/26/green-lentil-salad/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Green Lentil Salad
- 1 1/2 cups green lentils
- 3-4 cups water
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach chopped
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1/3 cilantro chopped
- 3 T olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 T pomegranate molasses
- 1 heaping tsp sumac
- salt to taste
- After you wash/rinse lentils place in a large cooking pot, cover with water and bring to boil.
- Once it starts boiling, turn the heat down to simmer and cook until tender/soft (add more water if needed), for about 30 minutes or more.
- Drain lentils and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine sliced red onions, parsley, cilantro, spinach, green onions.
- To this mixture add cooked lentils.
- Now prepare the dressing by combining pomegranate molasses, sumac, salt, paprika and extra virgin Olive Oil.
- Mix well, drizzle over lentils and greens mixture and toss them well.
- Keep refrigerated for an hour or two before serving.
I find that this gets better the next day after the flavors have time to marinate. Enjoy!